When can I move in?
If there is a storage space available that meets your specific storage needs, you can move in anytime during normal access hours.
What is the difference between your access hours and business hours?
Our office hours (Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm and Saturday/Sunday 8:30am to 5:00pm) are the times our staff are at the property ready to help you with all your storage needs. Our access hours (6:00am to 9:30pm daily) are the hours that you as a client have access to the property to store your items.
*Remember, as posted at the property, all clients must leave the facility before 9:30pm as the property is fully alarmed and the gates stop working until 6:00am the following day.
Do you have Elevators?
Yes, we have two large industrial elevators that will quickly get you up to our upper floors. Along with being fast and quiet while running, our elevators are 8 ft high by 9 ft long and 5.5 ft wide with a large 4ft wide door opening, so you will easily be able to fit all your items inside when moving.
Do you have boat/vehicle storage?
Boat storage and vehicle storage is offered at our sister company Flagship Marine which is conveniently located beside our building. Feel free to call them directly at 250.862.9422 for more information or call us and we can help you.
Why don’t you have a copy of my key for safe keeping in case I lose mine?
For liability purposes, we do not have a copy of any customer keys on or off site. Only our customers have keys to their individual units. If you lose your key, please contact us immediately so we can guide you on getting the lock removed. It will be your responsibility to replace the lock with a new one.
What risk mitigation principles and measures are in place at Spacious Storage to prevent and/or limit the spread of COVID-19?
We are following all the recommend Federal and Provincial Health Officer orders including the following:
- Separating people from each other or shared surfaces through physical distancing and physical barriers.
- Implementation of plexiglass shield separators between staff and customers.
- Implementation of clearly marked customer physical distancing locations.
- Implementation of face masks.
- Multiple daily cleaning schedule and disinfecting of high traffic and touched surfaces.
- Availability of free hand sanitizer stations for all clients.
- Daily use of hand sanitizers for all employees.
- Discourage staff who are ill from entering the workplace/business.
- Keep employees informed about public health advice applicable to the workplace.
- Promote frequent hand hygiene, avoiding touching the face and respiratory etiquette.
- Supporting and encouraging our staff to take care of their mental health
- Offering clients “contact-less” rentals and payments, “no-touch” keypad access through the Storage Genie App. and curbside packing supplies pick up.
Do you have contact free rentals?
Yes we do! Go to our website, pick your space, sign our Storage Agreement and we will send you an access code.
What type of documentation do I need to provide in order to rent a space?
We require a government-issued photo ID (example: driver’s license, BC ID, or passport).
Do I need to sign a long-term lease?
No, we rent on a month-to-month basis. We do not have long term contracts at Spacious Storage.
How do I make a payment?
You can pay online through our website or in person. You may also sign up to have payments automatically deducted from your credit card account monthly. Pay online on our website 24hrs per day!
What forms of payment do you accept?
We only accept credit and debit cards.
Do you sell boxes and storage supplies?
Yes. We sell various moving supplies in our office conveniently located in downtown Kelowna.
How do I know how much storage space I will need?
You can either use our Storage Calculator on our website or call one of our Client Managers for assistance.
Are there any items that I am NOT able to store?
Liquids, explosives, flammable liquids, toxic materials and perishables. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding a specific item.
Does there have to be someone in the office to let me through the security gates?
No. At the time of signing you will be given your own security pass code that will allow you access to the facility, elevators and your unit during normal access hours.
Do you have hand carts and dollies available at your facility?
Yes. You are welcome to use our complimentary carts to move in which are usually located close to our elevators.